Working with Apple ProRes on Windows based workstations is sometimes tricky. Some modern digital cinema cameras have the capability to record with the ProRes codec directly in camera. However, this often creates segmented or spanned .mov files in 4GB chunks due to FAT32 restrictions and not just one large file. Importing and reassembly takes time and re-encoding is time consuming as well.
The true solution is to join them in a non-lossy manner. That's the goal of clipJoin.
What is clipJoin?
clipJoin is Windows program that joins Apple ProRes files.
It supports all ProRes formats with and without audio.
How to use
* When joining files they must be the same codec and resolution.To join selected .mov files:
- Drag and Drop one or more .mov files onto clipJoin
* You will be prompted for a filename to save it as
* Clips are joined alphabetically/numerically
To join RED Apple ProRes segments (spanned) clips:
- Drag and Drop any .RDC or .RDM folder(s) onto clipJoin
- Drag and Drop any folder containing .RDM(s)
* It is important that the mag folder structure is just like on the RED Media
* RED ProRes .mov clips will be exported with the base filename to output path
* Yes, you can just drag and drop a mag straight onto the program
* If working on RED clips it will make mag directories in your output path
Notes on File Saving:
* You must enter an output path for your joined clips in the:
settings_clipJoin_outputPath.txt file (in the install directory)
Where to buy?
clipJoin is part of the phfxTools Bundle available to purchase for $35 bucks.
Click here to buy.