Commonly on set and in post houses Apple ProRes files are generated, but the audio of the file needs to be tweaked a bit. Normalizing levels, adding ambiance, removing background noise, swap vocals, etc. Tasks that are often important for dailies or deliverables. You can extract the audio from the file in a multitude of ways, but often when you add it back to your .mov file and need to re-encode.
However, you can indeed extract (demux) and merge (mux) audio files with your .mov. That is what movMuxer is designed for.
What is clipJoin?
movMux is a Windows program that extracts audio in a .wav format from a .mov file. It can also merge a .mov video with an audio .wav file.
How to use
To Extract Audio (demux):
- Drag and Drop one or more .mov files onto movMux
- Drag and Drop a folder containing .mov files onto movMux.
* Extracted audio .wav files will have the suffix "_extractedAudio"
To Merge Audio (mux):
- Drag and Drop a .mov and a .wav file that you want to join onto movMux.
* The merged .mov file will have the suffix "_updatedAudio"
* Both the .mov and .wav file must be the same exact length of time.
Notes on File Saving:
- Files will be saved in the same directory as the source .mov with a suitable suffix.
- Files can be sent to an output path/directory/folder by updating this file:
settings_movMuxer_outputPath.txt (in the install directory)
Where to buy?
movMuxer is part of the phfxTools Bundle available to purchase for $35 bucks.
Click here to buy.